Saturday, May 2, 2009

49 and a Day

Yesterday morning (May 1, 2009) at 9:20 a.m. I surpassed 49 years on planet Earth. I never thought I would make it this long! I am on lagniappe time.

I remember my Dad saying that he really enjoyed getting older as the alternative was very unattractive. I think I agree.

While cutting my grass today (with my push mower… since some low life stole my rider) I thought about what I would, or should, do with my remaining time. Should I just continue to play it safe and survive or sow a few wild oats? I am not talking about wild and lascivious living, but taking a few more risks…living a little more on faith and stop being concerned as much with security. (I have been known to say that sometimes I like belts and suspenders…just in case.)

What do you think? Same boring Tim or should I sometimes drive 50 in a 45?

I will try to blog again soon (and regularly)…as I have taken a forced sabbatical for several months due to unsuccessfully trying to become more secure…

No comments: